J.M. NORTHUP's BLOG

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

STRAWBERRIES by Casey Bartsch

WIPs and New Releases

1)    Tell us about your work-in-progress, or WIP, as it’s known as in the industry or New Release…
Ø  What is the story about?
·  Strawberries is about an unstable serial killer, and how he affects various other characters.
·  Sylvia is a high class prostitute that stumbles onto love, and is connected to Strawberries in ways she can’t imagine.
·  Harry Bland is the FBI agent assigned to the case, but his heart isn’t in it, and he would rather focus in on a young CSI.
·  Shelly Cervantes is a reporter looking for the scoop – she also has a secret, she knows who Strawberries is.
Ø  Who is the main character?
·  It is an ensemble for sure. Sylvia and Harry get the most love, but there are 6 other characters that have their own plot threads. It all comes together in the end.
2)   What inspired this tale?
Ø  How did the story come to you?
·  Years ago, I had the worst nightmare of my life. I woke up and wrote a horrible synopsis of it. Later, when deciding on a new book, I pulled it out and it turned into Strawberries.
·  The prologue is still my exact dream – strange dialogue and all.
Ø  Did you have to research for this novel, and if so, why?
·  I looked up a few things, but not much.
3)   Do you relate to your character?
Ø  Is your protagonist anything like you personally?
·  Harry is very much my insecure side, while Sylvia is the part of me that is outgoing and sexual. Strawberries himself represents the darkness that lies under the surface.
Ø  What made you write this character; what made them important to you or made you want to tell their story?
·  90% of the characters told me who they were as I wrote.
4)   Is there anything you specific want readers to know about this piece of work?
Like most of what I write, it isn’t for the faint of heart. Several people have actually told me that they couldn’t read past the prologue because it was too intense. But, the book is full of love, humor, philosophy, and other things that make it different from a typical serial killer story.
5)   When will the novel be available for purchase?
Ø  Has the book already been published, or is it available for pre-order?
·  Available now on Amazon.
·  You can purchase the paperback version from other vendors, like Barnes&Noble, including your local bookstore!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your sales. Your dream story doesn't seem strange at all to me.

    ReplyDelete

NORNS TRIAD PUBLICATIONS' BLOG